Wednesday, December 18, 2013

OOJ List

it's been a while since my last OOJ. december is rough going for me, so most likely i haven't been looking around me closely enough to notice beautiful things in my path. but in my constant effort to stay mindful of the many gifts in my life, here is a list of everyday OOJs:


  • putting on a clean pair of underwear every morning (ok i won't lie- most mornings)
  • friends who call/txt me back even during times when i'm not especially fun to be around
  • my down comforter- it's cold in ABQ! these nights i sleep under a pile of blankets: flannel, quilt, 2 sleeping bags, 2 down comforters
  • my friends' kids- how did they produce such amazing little ppl? i can't wait for them to get old enough to come visit me on their own
  • the endless expanse of blue sky in ABQ + the crystal sharp stars at night
  • black lace on beige satin; i'm loving this combination right now + wish i could wear it every day, but it's not exactly school appropriate
  • performing with a tango band every friday night- there's something otherworldly about the sound of shoe soles swooshing across the floor in time to music coming from me
  • every day that i don't have any car drama- no one hitting me, me not hitting nobody, no break-ins 
  • my sense of humor- i'm damn funny!

No comments: