Friday, February 3, 2012

more facebook fiction

more excerpts from 420 Characters by Lou Beach. some of them read like the first paragraph in a longer story, but my favorite ones stand on their own as complete little stories- beginning, middle, end- like glazed munchkins. 


"Little Fluff knocks over the dish of milk. 'Naughty, naughty,' says Mother Kitty. 'You may not go out to play.' Little Fluff begins to cry. Mother Kitty wipes her tears and says: 'If you promise to be more careful in the future, you may join your friends outside.' Little Fluff promises and runs outside, where Mitsy and Binks are setting fire to some trash and smoking the marijuana cigarette."


"I rise at 3 a.m. to walk my bladder to the bathroom, then return to bed and wait for my face and pillow to come to an agreement. I lie on my right, my left, my stomach, my back, as if attempting an even tan, until I find the Goldilocks spot. The only sound is the hum of the planet, and the whistling and chirping of the little birds who live in my nostrils."



No comments: