Tuesday, November 8, 2011

let me count the ways

things i love about abq:

  • crisp mountain air
  • smell of burning piñon firewood drifting through the crisp mountain air
  • strangers make eye contact and say hi (took me a while to get used to this)
  • snow on the sandia mountains
  • thick clusters of bright orange + yellow trees (cottonwoods?) lining the rio grande (i get to drive by it every day)
  • univ. of new mexico's continuing education course selection, which includes: playing the didgeridoo; pet behavior issues: cats ("If you feel that you've 'tried everything', this class is for you."); black madonna sites in europe; and resin... for the fun of it
  • airport parking for $4.98 a day- and that's the expensive company
  • no traffic! there's not even that much honking, though one long-time resident told me, "I can tell more outsiders are moving in to abq because I'm hearing more honking now." i admit i'm one of these honking outsiders: i'll tap my horn if the light turns green and the car in front of me hasn't moved after 10 seconds... or 5 seconds...

No comments: