Wednesday, November 9, 2011

some days i love my job

silver surfer squinky
this, my friends, is a squinky wearing lego girl hair.

squinkies are squishy, shrunken incarnations of beloved characters (marvel heros, disney princesses, hello kitty, etc.). this fine squinky specimen is none other than marvel comics superhero silver surfer. wearing lego "girl hair"- a significant improvement, imo. 

this morning, one of my kids brought me lego "girl hair" because one of my girl lego figures (defined by this kid as a girl b/c it has red lipsticked lips) has no hair. for those of you who haven't played with legos in decades: there are female lego figures now. in addition to pink lego bricks, lego harry potter, and glow-in-the-dark legos. see below for a pic of a lego girl.

this gift of lego girl hair made my day. the fact that a 9-year-old boy noticed i had a bald girl and gave me his own girl hair to fix the situation makes me feel all kinds of sparkly glowy hopeful. 

later, i was working with another kid. the topic: things that annoy us. for her, it's when her little brother won't quit talking.

me: so what's an ok way to ask him to stop talking?
kid: "please can you stop talking? i'm getting a headache."
me: and what's a not-ok way to ask him to stop talking?
kid: "stop talking before i hit you!"

it was a good day.

No comments: